Thursday, May 27, 2010

Preview in local newspaper arts section of my upcoming solo exhibition

A couple of weeks back I did an interview with Jolene Davis, a well known and respected arts columnist who writes for the Chronicle-Journal, our local newspaper here in Thunder Bay.
The article was published in todays issue (Thursday May 27) and was featured on the front page of the Arts and Entertainment section.





Unfortunately photos of a couple examples of the work that were submitted did not make it into the article, most likely to space issues and overall cost factor for printing images in colour by the publisher.
None the less I am quite happy with her review of my series and hopefully this will draw a few folks out to view the 40 pieces.
The show opens on Sat June 5 (noon - 3 pm) at the Pictograph Gallery in Atikokan ON (109 Main St. West in the lower level of the Voyageur Mall). It runs until Saturday June 26.
I will be present at the opening and will give a brief talk about the series and it's importance to me.
In addition I will also be giving an Introduction to relief block prints workshop in Atikokan on the evening of Friday June 25 (5 - 9 pm) and all day Saturday June 26 (9:30 -4. If you are interested in participating please contact the gallery at (807)597-4344 or email http://www.atikokanpictographgallery.com/

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a wonderful article and best of luck during your show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful article~ wish I could be there to see your show!

    ReplyDelete